This report explores recruitment practices of recruitment agencies based on the reviews from 1,593 reviewers provided to Recruitment Advisor.
The study found that:
- Sub-agents and middlemen continue to play an important role in facilitating the migration of Nepalis in foreign employment.
- Migrant workers are paying high recruitment and other related fees.
- Majority of migrant workers took pre-departure training.
- Migrant workers continue to be deceived about their job, salary, and benefits.
- Passports of the workers were withheld by the employer.
- Migrant workers were deprived of freedom of association and right to return.
- Most migrant workers less informed about recruitment agency and employer.
The report also proposes ways forward regarding the identified problems.
Type of document : Report
Country/Region : Nepal
Year of publication : 2022